Lolaa, hin Lollaa!
Yaa Barattoota Ilmaan Oromoo,
Aarsaan ykn wareegnni isin baasaa jirttan Oromiyaan biyya jagnootaa ta’u diinni akka hubatu fi akka ummata keenyaaf kabaja horatu dirqisiisaa jira. Hamileen sabin keenya rorroo of irra facisuu fi buqqisuuf qabu akka waaraabamee hin dhummnne fira fi diinatti argisiisaa jirttu. Jabaadhaa!
Yeroo lammataaf, habashoonni biyya keenya weeraranii ummata keenya lafasaa irraa dhiibanii buqqisuuf yaalii gochaa jiru.
Inni dura, jalqaba jaarraa 14ffa irratti, yeroo habashoonni dulaan lafa oromoo qabachaa turan fi ummata Oromoo gara kibba Oromiyaatti dhiibuutti milkaa’an ture. Ha ta’u malee, abboottiin keenya, Qabsoo Bilisumma Oromoo tokkoffaa (QBO 1ffaa) geggeessuun, dhiiga fi lafee saanii aarsaa gochuun, jaarraa 16ffaa keessa biyyaa saanii kan irraa dhiibamanii turan bilisomsuu saanii seenaan raga baha.
OLF condemns Ethiopian state terrorism along the Oromia-Kenyan border
The Ethiopian regime has, once again, orchestrated a widespread unrest and carnage on both sides of the border between Kenya and Oromia. Having totally dominated and dehumanized the Oromo people under its direct control for the past two decades, the regime has exported its terror across the border to the Oromo citizens of Kenya. Full Text
Amnesty International condemns the use of excessive force by security forces against peaceful protesters in a number of locations across the Oromia region during the last two weeks, which has resulted in the deaths and injuries of dozens of people including students and children. Many hundreds of protesters are reported to have been arbitrarily arrested, and are being detained incommunicado and without charge. Detainees are at risk of torture. Read here …
Using its monopoly over the telecom infrastructure in the country coupled with European & Chinese surveillance technologies, Ethiopia’s tyrannical government’s prying eyes and ears snoop on phone calls and Internet activities in the country and beyond. “The ethnic Oromo population has been particularly affected, with the ruling party using the fear of the ongoing but limited insurgency by the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF) in the Oromia region …” Read here …
This study the Oakland Institute establishes direct links between development aid – an average $3.5 billion a year, equivalent to 50 to 60% of Ethiopia’s - and how Western development assistance is supporting forced evictions and massive violations of human rights in Ethiopia. Read here …
Development without Freedom (Oct. 2010)
In this report, Human Rights Watch describes how international aid to Ethiopia’s EPRDF regime underwrites repression. “Human Rights Watch research shows that development aid flows through, and directly supports, a virtual one-party state with a deplorable human rights record. Ethiopia’s practices include jailing and silencing critics and media, enacting laws to undermine human rights activity, and hobbling the political opposition. Read here …
· More reports (Coming soon)
Informing your politicians about the plight of Oromo students is as easy as 1-2-3. It literally takes 3 minutes. Please read and follow the below instruction carefully.
For USA Residents
1. Click here, high light and copy the entire content the Word document (your letter) that opens; then return to this page by clicking your “Back” button;
2. Next, you will find your senator by state or by name and you will click on his/her e-mail address to open his/her contact form;
3. You would then complete your contact information, select or type “Foreign Relations” for “Topic” or “Subject” and paste your letter in the space (textbox) provided for your message and click the submit or similar button. Click here to proceed.
For Canada Residents
Request your MPs and Senators to sponsor or support a bill to prevent Canadian assistance from supporting repression in Ethiopia.
2. Open your e-mail and start a blank message;
3. Paste the letter you copied into the body of your blank message;
4. Type “Sponsor or support a bill to prevent Canadian assistance from supporting Repression in Ethiopia” in the subject field;
6. Go back to your e-mail message and populate with your MP’s or your senator’s e-mail address and name. Also add your full name and address at the end of the message.
7. When ready, press ‘Send”.
It is really that simple! Galatoomaa!